Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Downton Decadence, How I Love Thee!

 I, along with millions of others, am a HUGE fan of the Masterpiece Classic series Downton Abbey. As a costume and jewelry geek, DA sends me into paroxysms of ecstasy. The story begins in 1912, and takes you through World War I. Drama, war, scandal, plotting, romance, and some of the finest costumes and jewelry I have ever seen on television! After what seems like an eternity of waiting, Season 2 is finally underway. Let the eye candy begin again! Take a peek at some of these lovelies.

There's so much to love in every shot. From the opening credits that showcase the stunning manor house, the opulent interiors, and the precisely set tableware, to the stunning gowns that rustle and tinkle with ornate beadwork, I can't help but want to dive into that world (skipping the pre-women's rights society and world war, of course).
The character Lady Mary Crawley gets some of the best frocks on the show. Her evening gowns and riding outfits are to die for! It is impossible to not be inspired by this show. I absolutely must include an ornate Downton-inspired necklace for my Truly, Madly, Darkly midwinter collection. Like the young Lady Sybil says, "Is there anything more thrilling than a new frock?" No, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment